May 25, 2021
There are two worlds: the world we can measure with line and rule, and the world that we feel with our hearts and imagination ~ Leigh Hunt
Good grief, am I really going to try and explain cryptocurrency when Elon Musk was at a loss on SNL? After researching various descriptions, it’s obvious that we humans are not meant to understand it, rather accept it at face value, and buy into it or not. Show me a bitcoin; I want to hold it, examine it, and if I mine a coin from a server, it better roll out on the floor, all shiny and bright.
First, let’s start with WIKIPEDIA’s crazy, convoluted definition – – “cryptocurrency, crypto-currency, or crypto is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange wherein individual coin ownership records are stored in a ledger existing in a form of a computerized database using strong cryptography to secure transaction records, to control the creation of additional coins, and to verify the transfer of coin ownership.” YIKES, now I really get it!
On my enlightened pathway to understanding, I took a limited survey among a few RIBBIT.ai employees and invoked the no-googling rule, just an honest, creative response. The results were revealing and pretty darn funny so enjoy these gems:
- Cryptocurrency sounds like something the Aliens use to pay for things in their world, and maybe one day fall from the sky in the form of chips that stick to our skin and soak into it. In the future we can just scan our part of the skin and pay for things.
- A supposedly anonymous currency that has a finite amount in existence, is gamified in how it is acquired, only has much value as it is popular, and requires a conversion to physical currencies to stop being ethereal or be used.
- It’s intangible, you can’t access or use it anywhere like cash or cards, but it still has monetary value. It’s virtually untraceable, so if you want to deal in any criminal activities it could be a good option.
- I imagine that cryptocurrency has a different dollar value than actual paper money and the certain people who have access to it can either buy, sell, or trade like the stock market.
- My question concerning the Cryptocurrency is whether this is another HUGE step forward or is it someone’s idea of a joke? It might also be a test from one of those “other” DNA altered individuals, people on this earth who are NOT or were NOT of this earth like: Leonardo da Vinci, Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Elon Musk.
- This could be currency Lex Luther or the Joker invented to rob Superman of his powers since “cryptonite” is the superhero’s only weakness.
As Jerry Maguire says – – Show me the Money – – Not some ethereal, otherworldly currency that may or may not be valuable next week depending on what Elon Musk says on Saturday Night Live.
All kidding aside, cryptocurrency or digital currency is a dramatic form of money that some experts predict could replace the dollar as a global reserve currency. RIBBIT.ai supports transformative processes of technology and finance to increase efficiencies and speed in transactions as long as there are clear layers of transparency and accountability. As we gaze into the future, the evolution of cryptocurrencies may change the payments world forever.
Have a safe Memorial Day weekend!
Stay tuned . . .
“We’re all part of an interconnected system and once we see that, our responsibility becomes very clear. We have to help those in need today, AND ensure the world emerges a stronger, more resilient place—because doing the right things for society will lead to the right outcomes for business.”
~Ajay Banga Executive Chairman, Mastercard
Relying on money in our pockets to buy food, pay rent, purchase gas, and support daily living would be a dangerous game, but that’s how the unbanked lives. . . . not a good scenario for financial success.
You can’t always get what you want, But if you try sometimes you just might find, You get what you need ~ Rolling Stones
As a kid, I loved the Magic 8 Ball and believed, if you held it just the right way, it had all the answers. As adults, we have all stewed over a purchase wondering whether we should buy it, can we afford it, and what are the consequences of nonpayment? Often, the wrong answer to these practical questions can put individuals into debt, plummet their credit ratings, and impact all future financial opportunities.
Enova Decisions Partners With RIBBIT.ai to Empower Lenders with Smarter Faster Financial Decisioning
PRNewswire — June 16, 2021 | Enova Decisions, an analytics and decision management company, and RIBBIT.ai, a provider of open banking behavioral data analytics, today announced a strategic partnership that makes it possible for the delivery of RIBBIT.ai bank insights to clients using the Enova Decisions platform.